« K-Factor Analysis | Main | Trouble with icons »

December 20, 2006

Moving AutoCAD Licenses

How do you authorize a seat of AutoCAD that has moved from one machine to another?

Not many have had to do this yet, but as the machines that have AutoCAD 2005, 2006 or 2007 age and need replacing, this is going to come up more often.

This can be done with the Portable License Utility found by picking Start, Programs, Autodesk, [Autodesk Product Name], Portable License Utility.

You can then remove the license from one computer and put it on another.


Post a comment

This weblog only allows comments from registered users. To comment, please Sign In.